Cream of Cauliflower Soup (Dairy free)
- 1 celery rib, with extra leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 small onion (white)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 6 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth (more if necessary)
- Juice of half a lemon (1 tbsp)
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and broken into florets
- Curry powder to taste (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat 2 tbsp broth in large pot. Add onion and celery and saute until softened, 10 minutes; add garlic during the last 5 minutes.
Add the remaining broth, lemon juice, curry powder (if desired) and cauliflower florets. Bring the heat to high and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer, until the cauliflower is very tender. Cool slightly.
Place all ingredients in blender (or food processor) and puree until very smooth….. Season with sea salt (optional), pepper and Cayenne pepper (go easy on the cayenne – remember its SPICEY! ;).