- 2 cups quick oats (not whole oats)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 1/4 cup apple butter or apple sauce
- 1 large banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup) Or 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- Or any combination of above
Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined. The dough will be quite stiff. Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten the tops into desired thickness. The cookies will not spread in the oven. Bake for 15-16 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Allow to cool on the cookie sheets completely.Cookies stay fresh at room temperature for 1 week. Can be frozen up to 3 months.
Note: Be sure to use quick oats in this recipe, not whole oats. Quick oats are more finely ground up whole oats, so they are slightly powdery. They are sold right next to the whole oats. You may not even notice there are two kinds of oats in the first place! You may make quick oats at home – simply measure 2 cups of whole oats and pulse in the blender or food processor about 5 times.