Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Chocolate chip No Bake Energy Balls
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (can also use smooth)
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to list
Combine oats, chocolate chips, flax seed, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; form into balls using your hands. Arrange energy bites on a baking sheet and freeze until set, about 1 hour.
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
To help keep the mix from sticking to my hands, I refrigerate it for about 30 minutes before making into balls. This really helps! These are also very good with toasted coconut mixed in.
Keep in fridge for when you need.
Can add ground Chia seeds and dried cranberries.
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in raisins (or preferred add-in). Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in liquid 1 tablespoon at a time and using hands (get dirty!) combine until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds together. If mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won’t hold shape.
- Roll into balls using hands.
- Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
- 1 c. oatmeal
- ⅓ c. almonds, chopped
- ⅓ c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)
- ½ c. nut butter (peanut or almond are both good)
- ¼ c. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ⅓ c. dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Bake oatmeal, almonds and coconut for 8-10 minutes at 350°, stirring after 5 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl microwave the nut butter for 20-30 seconds until runny, add the baked mix along with flaxseed, honey, chia seeds and cranberries to the bowl. Form into 1.5″ balls and refrigerate. Store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to one week or freezer for 3 months.