I have two versions of this slow cooker pot roast recipe – scroll further down the page for the second version.
1 beef blade roast, approx 3 lbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup barbecue sauce (your favourite kind)
1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1⁄2 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 cup beef stock
6 -8 potatoes, peeled &, quartered
6 -8 carrots, peeled &, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
Pat roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper.
In a heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil until hot; add roast & brown on all sides.
Transfer to slow cooker. Add all other ingredients. Cook on low for about 6 hours.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe Version II
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, well trimmed, cut into large pieces
- 2 medium red-skinned potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup lower sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Stewed Tomatoes, undrained
- 5 tablespoons Hunt’s® Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine flour and pepper in shallow dish; coat meat with mixture. Place meat in skillet and brown all sides; transfer to slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic. Stir together broth, Worcestershire sauce, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar in medium bowl. Pour over meat and vegetables. Cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.