- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 medium carrots coarsely grated
- 150 g (3/4 cup) lentils
- 1 litre (5 1/2 cups) vegetable stock/broth
- 100 ml (1/4 cup) milk or dairy free milk
- 1 tsp ground cumin
To serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the carrots, lentils, stock, milk and cumin, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Puree with a hand held blender or food processor. Add more water to thin, if desired.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and optionally serve with fresh parmesan cheese.
Moreof My Favorite Recipes